Thursday, 13 February 2014

The Bloody Weather

So we had to cancel our "brass monkeys" cruise during the Christmas break because of the bad weather.

This meant we had to overstay our welcome at the painter's wharf - a nuisance for everyone concerned, I am sure! However, I was not about to take a freshly painted narrowboat out into gales. The wharf owners were very understanding, though, and found us an out-of-the-way spot for a reasonable rate.

So we conscientiously arranged to move Honey back to the Llangollen during February half term... which, if current weather forecasts are to be believed, will be a week of hurricane-force storms.

I think not. The thought of destroying all of John's hard work is unbearable!

We will be boating again soon! I promise!

No comments:

Post a comment